Aug 7, 2008

A Day at the Zoo......

Today Meredith and I took the kids to the zoo. We had a great time! We learned quite a few things today. We learned: rhino's horns are made of hair, giraffes are the only animal born with horns (all other animals with horns grow them) and we learned that cotton candy doesn't always cure a fussy child. (lesson for Meredith and I at the end of the day!) Check out the great pics below and look closely at the pic with Sydney, Sam and the gorilla! Miss Lally at the hippos. "Kids in the Mist" I think that's a halo I see. She's not even fully grown yet! Look out WNBA! The Gorilla Forest Mommy and me at the zoo! Our own "little monkey" Hey, I want to see the big monkeys too!!! This was too cool. The gorilla just sat down right next to Sydney and we got Sam to sit with her and check out how close they are!!!Only a pane of glass separates primate and children---amazing! We took the kids to the new water park at the zoo. They had a blast playing with the boat, slides and squirters!
I could take pictures of Maddie in pigtails all day! Partners in crime. Gusher! Little gusher! Thought I'd end on a beautiful pic. I love how beautiful you look here Sydney!!! You look so mature but you'll always be my little girl! :)

2 comments:

The Powers Bunch said...

Love the pix! We had so much fun today. Sam LOVES being with his Aunt Marla and cousins...he loves being with Sydney too! She is so great with the kids. Thanks for a fun day, We love you!!! Love, Miss:)

mamo said...

I NEED YOU HERE, A.S.A.P.!!!!!!
I want copies and need to have a refresher course with my printer.
Looks like you all had a wonderful day and I LOVE each and every pix!!!
Love,
Mamo